Tags can help you quickly spot important issues in your logs and are the building blocks for generating alerts in InsightOps. With tags and alerts, you can:
- Filter for events that matter the most to your business.
- Easily recognize keywords or patterns in your data.
- Receive real-time alerts of known issues or critical events.
- Get notified when anticipated events don’t occur as expected.
- Click the Manage Alerts icon on the left-side navigation bar.
- Note: You need to create tags before setting up alerts.
- Click the Add tag/alert button.
- Select Basic tag.
- Enter a tag name (e.g. “500 error” or “critical”).
- Enter a pattern to be matched. For example, you can match a basic keyword, a regular expression, or an advanced calculation (e.g. CPU>70).
- Select a label for your tag from the pre-populated list or create a new label. Note: Labels are how the tag will display in your logs.
- Choose the logs to which the tags will apply.
Learn more about Tags.
Once you’ve created a tag, you can configure its alert settings.
- Specify how many times a pattern must match a log entry before an alert is triggered.
- Specify how often you would like to receive alert reports.
- Check the "Include context" box if you want your alert to include entries that were logged at the same time as the entry that generated the alert.
- Specify how you would like to be notified. Options include email address(es), Web Hook, Slack, Campfire, Pager Duty, and Hip Chat.
- Click Save Changes.
Learn more about Alerts.
Updated 3 months ago